Wednesday, April 6, 2016

How to Make Your Own Toothpaste


After suffering with extremely sensitive teeth for a few weeks, I decided I needed to take action. Of course, I’d be taking the holistic route to healing my sensitive teeth. In addition to eating less sugar (no fruit for me!), taking more Vitamin D, and the other action steps I mentioned in my previous post, I also began brushing my teeth with Activated Charcoal, OraWellness, and this home-made toothpaste recipe that works like a charm! After only a few days of doing these things, my sensitivity went away and I was able to eat and drink normally again but without the pain! Yay! (Not only that, but people also began remarking on how white my teeth looked-- double yay!) 

To make this all-natural toothpaste, you will need:
  • 2 parts baking soda
  • 5 parts calcium powder
  • 3 parts xylitol powder (unessential –for taste)
  • 1 part diatomaceous earth (may be abrasive to some, this ingredient is optional)
  • 3-5 parts coconut oil
  • A few drops of essential oils for taste (try orange, cinnamon, or mint)


Directions:
  1. Mix all of the ingredients together with the exception of the coconut oil and essential oils.
  2. Add coconut oil gradually in order to achieve the desired consistency.
  3. Add any essential oils of your choosing for added flavor.
  4. Store in a small container, and use a small spoon to distribute it onto your toothbrush.

There you have it! Pretty simple, huh? You are now one step closer to having cleaner, healthier, brighter, and stronger teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment